South Central Sampler
Awesome way to check off a few more of those must fish rivers, or return to old favorites. This trip is based out of Billings, however you can customize your accommodations depending on where you would like to fish the most. Four different rivers to choose from, hit them all, or change your mind if one particular river is on fire! Bighorn, Lower Yellowstone and the Stillwater are the most popular, but Rock Creek near Red Lodge can be thrown in to the mix. All of these Rivers are within 1- 1 1/2 hr drive from Billings.
- Guided Float trips are $500 per day (1 or 2 anglers)
- All float trips include rod/reels, flies, lunch, beverages and transportation to the fishing area from your hotel. License fees and waders are not included.
- Wade fishing trips on Rock Creek are $500 per day (1 or 2 anglers)
We do not provide lodging at YVO, however I have a created a list of recommendations.
Bighorn River Area lodging
- The Bighorn Trout Shop is located in Ft.Smith MT, and has some great accomidationis to choose from. They also have a restaurant with yummy dinners and breakfast. Visit Website >
- Bighorn River Lodge has some top notch food as well as accommodations! With a private boat ramp, you can end your day right at the cabin, no commute necessary. Visit Website >
- Bighorn Fly and Tackle Shop is located in Ft.Smith. Lots of options for lodging, also has a fly shop. Visit Website >
- River Bend Cabins are near Ft.Smith, private setting with a killer view! Visit Website >
- The Clocktower Inn is a nice choice in Downtown Billings. Walking distance to several nice restaurants. Visit Website >
- Double Tree by Hilton is a higher end option. Also downtown within walking distance of several restaurants. Visit Website >
- The Northern is another fine option in downtown Billings. Visit Website >
- Holiday Inn Express – near the interstate near restaurants and reasonably priced Visit Website >
- Big Horn Resort – Off of the zoo drive exit is close to the interstate to get you on the water quickly! Visit Website >
Absarokee (Stillwater/Lower Yellowstone)
- Nice little cabins near the Stillwater River. Visit Website >